I have lots of reasons to use essential oils and will share most of them here with you. I’m sure you can tell from reading over the information that is on this blog, that we love therapeutic oils and what they can and have done for our family.
1. Their properties – just in the Everyday Oils Kit alone they can support every system of the body – muscular, skeletal, integumentary, circulatory, nervous, digestive, lymphatic, endocrine, reproductive, respiratory, and urinary systems. Check your reference books for the properties of essential oils. It will impress you!
2. Crossing the blood/brain barrier – “The sense of smell is the only one of the five senses directly linked to the limbic lobe of the brain, the emotional control center….Essential oils — through their fragrance and unique molecular structure — can directly stimulate the limbic lobe and the hypothalamus.” There aren’t too many other liquids around today that can boast these facts. Certainly no pill you swallow can cross the blood/brain barrier.
3. They smell good (well, most of them do) – I’ll admit that the oils don’t smell like most candle flavors that you are familiar with but that is mostly because candles do not have the true scent of the plant that oils do. The scent you get from pure therapeutic grade essential oils is what you will smell in nature. They smell SOOO good and can help you feel and think wonderful too.
4. You can use them in so many ways – When you use pure oils, you can inhale them, apply them to your skin (sometimes diluted), and you can ingest them. Yes, I said “ingest.” You’ll want to read up on that more, but just know that you can drop Young Living oils into empty capsules and swallow them for even greater benefit.
5. They go a long way – Each bottle has between 80-240 drops of oil in it. Most of the time you will use just one or two drops of oil when you apply it to your skin, so that bottle will give you lots of uses.
6. Each oil can be used in many ways – You might have lemon oil on hand and use it to clean your vegetables, but you can also drink it in your water to help cleanse your liver. Or you might apply a drop to your temples for greater mental clarity. Those are just a few of the uses of lemon oil and all the oils are like this. They are not just used for one thing. They have multiple uses which makes them even more affordable.
I have said it before and I will say it again, make sure that you only use therapeutic grade Young Living oils! Don’t put any other kind of oils on yourself or your family members. Trust me on this one. You can get them by clicking on the logo right under my picture on the right column of this page.