Here are my thoughts on 5 ways essential oils have changed my life. I hope these thoughts encourage others to investigate how oils can help them with their life and health too.
Essential oils for health
- I realize I have other options besides over-the-counter medications and that oils work faster. Up until now, I used homeopathics and herbs to help with various ailments when I didn’t want to tax our bodies with medications. It’s not that I am against OTC or prescription medications, it’s just that we haven’t NEEDED them. When you find something that works well, works fast, and has no side effects, why would you have a need to use anything else? too.
- All my over-the-counter drugs have expired and I don’t think I will have to buy them again. This is such a liberating feeling to be able to simplify our medicine cabinet contents. Our oils can be used for first aid, but also for our overall health. They don’t sit in our medicine cabinet. They sit in a drawer in our kitchen because we use them so often and love having them available to us.
- Essential oils have helped me realize the emotional roots of pain and illness. This could take quiet a while to explain, but for now, you just have to trust me that Young Living oils have helped us with emotional issues. Sometimes these emotional issues were caused by an imbalance in our bodies and sometimes they were from an event. Either way, when essential oils are applied, they immediately start working to balance the body in whatever area is needed.
- I have always liked helping people with health issues. Now I have a simple way to show people how they can use oils to improve their life and health. I’ve been able to help people over the years, but now I can help even more people with even quicker results in most cases. People seem to be more open to using essential oils than herbs because they don’t have to wait quite as long to see results. Essential oils are 100-10,000 times more potent than herbs, so you can see why the results can be quicker. Many people are also not getting results for their ailments with conventional medicine. So many are dealing with emotional instability, muscle aches, joint discomfort, and unexplained illnesses that are just not getting any better. When I share how essential oils have helped us, many of those people are seeing results too. It IS a step of faith to use oils, but is well worth the step. I’ve never had anyone tell me that they regretted using oils.
- I have been able to get rid of even more harmful chemicals in our home. I’ve always know that chemical cleaners and many of our personal care products were bad for us, but I just didn’t find good alternatives in the natural market. The natural cleaners didn’t clean as well and the personal care products weren’t really effective either. Now with the Thieves Cleaner and toothpaste and the recipes I use with essential oils for deodorant, hand soap, and shampoo, our lives have really been enriched. These items work just as well, if not better than regular store brands and they are much safer for us.
Here’s more about my journey with essential oils:
If you would like to know more about how to use Young Living oils to help change your life in a positive way, feel free to get my free ebook Taking Charge of Your Family’s Health or read the post at Confused about Essential Oils?
I want to mention that I ONLY use Young Living oils. Over 95% of essential oils on the market have been adulterated in some way. According to the labeling laws in the United States, a label can say “100% pure” and only be 5% pure. I know it’s aggravating, but that’s how things are here.
I don’t want to apply oils that have chemicals in them or that are diluted in any way. My family is too valuable to me to risk this. I want to use essential oils that are as close to how God designed them as possible. That is why Young Living therapeutic grade oils are only oils that will be used in our home.